This post is inspired by Leonard Bronik, a very dear friend, who lovingly shares his wisdom of 70+ years.
1. Act in every moment, and each moment thereafter in awareness of nourishing your “self”.
2. Execute every action purposefully. Actions, like musical notes, become the music.
3. As singers, we must take care of ourselves by mindfully choosing nourishing actions, just as athletes nourish their bodies to perform at peak level. We too are athletes. We must have discipline to empower our inner voices to have the confidence to follow our dreams.
For example we can choose the following:
- Get plenty of sleep, preferably eight hours.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Surround ourselves with loving, positive friends, and family. Avoid toxic situations and people, just like you avoid junk food and cigarettes.
- Savor every moment of every day. Be grateful for every breath you take.
- Look at each action you take at nourishing yourself each and every moment, and thereafter.
As a result, you’ll go out and sing your best!
How am I nourishing (your name)?
What actions does (your name) choose to take right now that is nourishing? It’s not just the thought, it’s the action that counts.
About Julie Brown Voice Studio
The Julie Brown Voice Studio is an internationally acclaimed salon located in Austin, Texas, U.S.A. The studio’s proprietor, Julie C. Brown, is an accomplished performer and instructor in voice technique, singing, and vocal control. In addition to Julie Brown Voice Studio, Ms. Brown is also President and CEO of Sing Your Best Julie Brown Voice Studio, an online instructional website featuring many of her unique vocal teaching techniques in video format.
An international opera singer and performer, Ms. Brown is also known by her stage name of Acapelladiva®. She is the creator of the genera of music that combines heavy metal / gothic rhythm with opera overlays know as Gothera®. Her students include celebrity artists and singers from established and upcoming bands in all genres from all over the world. Ms. Brown does not just give vocal instruction, but creates singers.
You can also follow Julie Brown Voice Studio on Twitter at @JulieBrownVoice, on Facebook at Julie Brown Voice Studio, on Google+ at +Juliebrownvoicestudioone, on her YouTube Channel: JulieBrownVoiceStudio, and see her client reviews on Yelp.
Acapelladiva and Gothera are registered trademarks of Julie C. Brown